I understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of all of my customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
Information About Us
Michael Robinson, Robinson Private Tours
Registered address: 34 Henry Twining Court, Crescent Lane, London SW4 9RP
Data Protection Officer: Michael Robinson
Telephone number: +44 (0) 20 3730 6573
Postal Address: 34 Henry Twining Court, Crescent Lane, London SW4 9RP
What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how I use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that I use is set out in Part 5, below.
What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about my collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact me to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 12.
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 11 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask me for a copy of your personal data held by me to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 12.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What Personal Data Do You Collect?
I may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with me):
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for my performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to my use of your personal data, or because it is in my legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying my services to you. Your personal details are required in order for me to enter into a contract with you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
We may take payment for our services using either a bank transfer or by Pay Pal, if using a credit card to settle the account.
How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods:
- No more than 7 years for Tax/Insurance purposes
How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
I will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
The security of your personal data is essential to me and to protect your data, I take a number of important measures, including the following:
- Paper records are held in secure locked cabinet to which access is strictly controlled.
- Computer records are held on a computer which is password secured and access is strictly controlled.
Do You Share My Personal Data?
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 12.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within 1 week and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of my progress.
How Do I Contact You?
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details for the attention of Michael Robinson
Telephone number: +44 (0) 20 3730 6573
Postal Address: 34 Henry Twining Court, Crescent Road, London SW4 9RP
Changes to this Privacy Notice
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change my business in a way that affects personal data protection.